Norbert, one of our Salesforce architects, visited Dreamforce 2017 in San Francisco and will publish some articles to share his insights that he got from the event. We will try not to focus too much on detailed session content, as many of them will be available as recordings on → https://success.salesforce.com/Sessions soon after the event is finished and it many other blogs. Instead, we will try to give you an overview of some relevant points of the largest software conference of the world featuring
- 3463 sessions with rich content – one is spoilt for choice
- 170.000 visitors aka trailblazers – endless networking possibilities
For Salesforce, it is really about innovation which is visible by the really prominent trailblazer-theme, e.g. on massive billboards around the campus.
The atmosphere on Dreamforce is really amazing and not comparable to other software conferences. People are really open and friendly in the spirit of #ohana, and the vibrating energy leads to a rousing atmosphere comparable to big music festivals, almost like a dream. Perhaps that is where the name comes from? But perhaps pictures say more than words … see below!
Just some of the numerous highlights of this year’s Dreamforce include
- Elaborately staged keynotes that are informative and entertaining, featuring Marc Benioff, Michelle Obama, Ashton Kutcher and many more
- Amazing and deeply inspiring customer success stories
- Roadmaps of most relevant products, allowing Salesforce partners and users to plan ahead
- Dreamfest with Alicia Keys and Lenny Kravitz, devoted to UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- Awesome live tech demos, e.g. a great IoT showcase and many Einstein features
- Charity, following the Salesforce 1-1-1 spirit. Even Luis Fonsi („Despacito“) was there to raise funds to help Puerto Rico