This short article summarizes some news around Salesforce strategic partnerships and some DACH/Europe-specific news that are relevant for our ISV customers.
Salesforce and Google announced a strategic partnership with Google at Dreamforce! This exciting cooperation offers the following features to start with:
- Integration of productivity tools G Suite into the Salesforce Platform
- Integration of Analytics 360 suite , providing more diverse analytics power available on the Salesforce platform
Salesforce and IBM deepen their partnership further with concrete implementation tips in various sessions on
- Easy to implement Watson-integration into Salesforce using federated search
- Integration of Salesforce into IBM cloud
- Easy integration of weather data provided by IBM services
News for Germany
For Germany being one of ten focus markets of Salesforce, there were sessions to encourage Salesforce partners to engage in the German market with a special focus on Mittelstand and manufacturing industry. Of course, this industry focus fits well with the new Salesforce IoT cloud capabilities unlocking great new use cases that combine device data and customer information.
A noticeable focus on Dreamforce was visible regarding the upcoming GDPR that takes effect on May 25, 2018 in the whole EU. Salesforce is getting ready both with offering help to customers as well as on the technological side: Heroku Shield allows the compliant implementation of customer facing apps and Salesforce Platform encryption is heavily extended with each release. Salesforce will release the remaining features required for full GDPR-compliance with Spring ’18 release.
Unsure if GDPR is relevant for your? Check out the GDPR trailhead and contact us for more help!